So, I know it’s almost a month and a half after Christmas, but I didn’t get a chance to post this over the holidays. I had an order for some festive cupcakes, and given that the holidays are my favorite time of the year, I took that offer straight away and decided to give you some tips and tricks on how I made them.
You will need:
- 1 batch of vanilla cupcakes (find my recipe on the “Recipe Page”)
- 1 batch of buttercream frosting (find my recipe on “Recipe Page”)
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder (optional: if you want chocolate frosting)
- Optional: 2 large candy canes, edible glitter, gold sprinkles, and any other decorations you might want
- Christmas Cupcake Kit (I got mine at Williams-Sonoma for $13)
- Piping bag fitted with a star nozzle tip (you can use the Wilton 1M)
After my cupcakes were completely cooled I made a batch of my vanilla buttercream, but also added 3/4 cup cocoa powder to make it have a rich chocolate flavor. I piped my signature swirl on the cupcake (hint hint… that post might be coming soon) and got to decorating.
I crushed the candy canes in a plastic bag with a rolling pin and sprinkled some on. I got some edible pearls from my local supermarket and added those as well. Then I stuck my toppers in randomly. For the finishing touch, I dusted the cupcakes with some silver edible dust.
I thought these turned out so cute, and they were so simple! These would be a great thing to do with kids around the festive season, and would most likely be a hit with your loved ones. I hope you had a great holiday break and I’ll see you on Thursday!